Following are just a few examples of people throughout the world who owe their lives to Defibtech Lifeline and ReviveR AEDs and the quick thinking people who used them.
Hartsville YMCA, Hartsville, SC
The first reported save with a Defibtech AED occurred at the Hartsville YMCA in South Carolina, where a member collapsed during a workout. Another YMCA member was able to successfully rescue the victim despite never having been trained on the Lifeline AED. This YMCA location had purchased the AED only weeks prior to the rescue. They had previously not owned an AED because they could not afford one.
Investment Firm, Dallas, TX
A middle-aged employee at the firm suddenly fell backwards in his office, a victim of sudden cardiac arrest. Coworkers called 911 and retrieved the company’s ReviveR AED. One shock was delivered and a full cycle of CPR was performed. By the time EMS arrived, the man’s heartbeat had been restored and he was transported to the hospital for treatment.
Trans International, Milwaukee, WI
A man working in his cubicle at Trans International suddenly fell to the floor from cardiac arrest. Colleagues witnessed the collapse and called 911 and retrieved the ReviveR AED. The shock revived the employee, who returned to work within 10 days of the event.
Renaissance Club Sport, Walnut Creek, CA
In the span of just two weeks, this health club used its Defibtech AED twice and saved the lives of two members, 45 and 62 years old.
ARTCO/ADM, Illinois River, IL
A Lifeline AED saved the life of a towboat worker on the Illinois River. The towboat was equipped with a Lifeline AED thanks to the efforts of a distributor who turned to selling Lifeline AEDs after the loss of his 19-year-old daughter to sudden cardiac arrest.
Church, Galmoy, Ireland
A Lifeline AED was used to save the life of a man who collapsed in a church in Galmoy, Ireland, minutes before a funeral service he was attending. The unit shocked the man, who was then rushed to the hospital, where he made a good recovery. The AED had been recently purchased through fundraising efforts of two parishioners.
Cypress Creek YMCA, Houston, TX
A 54-year old man collapsed on the racquetball court. The ReviveR AED was quickly retrieved and a shock was administered. He was conscious when EMS arrived and has since made a full recovery.
Hurricane Creek Country Club, Dallas, TX
A middle-aged man with no history of heart trouble was on the 18th hole of the golf course when he went into sudden cardiac arrest. Members of his foursome called 911 with a cell phone and contacted the clubhouse. Someone from the club shop brought the Defibtech AED to the victim. The first shock — delivered within a few minutes of his collapse — revived him long before EMS arrived.